About the team
Miro’s Product Marketing team is responsible for crafting Miro’s story. We create compelling, insight-led positioning and messaging, develop and deliver measurable/impactful go-to-market strategies, and champion customers throughout the product development process. The team partners closely with many functions at Miro, including Product Management, Design, Engineering, Sales, Success, Support, Growth, and Brand. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in the office as our baseline.
Successful Product Marketers at Miro think like general managers of their area: flexible but constantly seeking mastery, with strong customer empathy, creative problem-solving ability, research, synthesis, and analytical skills. They must be able to shift from thinking about a high-level strategy to tactical marketing execution and possess a bias towards personal accountability and action. While this role will manage a team, they are expected to execute work as an independent contributor as well, particularly while the organization is scaling.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
The Director of Platform Product Marketing will work cross-functionally to craft our marketing strategy for the Miro Developer Platform. We are at the beginning of our journey to build a comprehensive developer offering that will help us to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. This is an exciting opportunity to lay the foundation for Miro’s future and to establish our relationship with critical audiences.
In this role you will build a marketing team to support the developer audience, while working with our strategic partners to bring innovative integrations to market. You and your team will embed with the Platform product stream, while ensuring tight alignment with Partnerships and Partner Marketing on our positioning and go-to-market approach. In this role you’ll help shape our offering to ensure that Miro is easily accessible wherever and whenever the employees of our customers meet and collaborate, regardless of their choice of tools or process.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team that leads Product Marketing efforts for Miro’s Developer Platform and strategic product integrations with partners such as Microsoft and Slack
- Develop positioning and communicate messaging that translates the technical capabilities of the platform into business value for developers, partners, and enterprise customers
- Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns, sales enablement resources, and product launch plans to drive developer adoption and to acquire and engage customers
- Shape research to inform our go-to-market strategy and messaging
- Partner with the Platform product team on long-term strategy and roadmap
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong skills of positioning and launching products to the market
- Experience marketing to diverse audience segments about complex technical concepts
- Collaborative approach to work and ability to build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent Miro externally with prospective customers
Nice to have
- Experience working with external partners on co-marketing arrangements and launch strategies
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!