About the team
Miro’s Legal Team is a collaborative group of talented problem solvers who know how to get things done quickly and effectively. We have a transparent and positive team culture built on continuous learning, development, empathy and growth. We work collectively to mitigate risk and provide quality legal support for Miro in a smooth, scalable and customer-centric way.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As Miro’s Head of EMEA Legal, you will lead the fast-paced EMEA Legal team within Miro’s Global Legal Team reporting directly to the General Counsel. You will work across the business, partnering with Sales and Go-To-Market functions to provide strategic, business-oriented legal advice on a wide variety of issues spanning the commercial transactions practice areas, as well as support the People Team and other legal matters across the EMEA region.
What you’ll do
- Own broad responsibility for EMEA legal matters with a focus on commercial and people team matters
- Lead, manage, train and mentor the EMEA Legal team
- Collaborate with the Head of Commercial Legal to develop and implement efficiencies in the commercial negotiation process in collaboration with Sales and Operations leadership
- Partner with EMEA Sales to ensure efficient and effective legal support for commercial transactions
- Evolve and manage education, information, and training programs for the sales organization on negotiation best practices and relevant legal issues
- Structure, draft, and negotiate a broad range of inbound supplier agreements including software and SaaS, professional services and outsourcing, IT infrastructure, marketing and advertising technology, and more
- Advise the People Team on day to day EMEA employment matters
- Collaborate with Global Legal team on Global Expansion and foreign subsidiary management
- Advise on data privacy and regulatory compliance matters in the EMEA region
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of general in-house legal experience support hypergrowth EMEA commercial business with heavy focus on commercial negotiations in the technology space
- 5+ years of experience managing and building an in-house Legal team in EMEA
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise SaaS, including deep in-house experience building and scaling support for sales transactions and other Go-To-Market activities
- Experience with commercial practice in the EMEA region
- Working knowledge of data privacy and data security in SaaS
- 5+ years of experience handling EMEA employment matters, NL experience a plus
- Foreign subsidiary setup and management experience, working knowledge of tax structures
- Proven track record of success in a dynamic, fast-moving environment in which role is constantly evolving
- Top tier legal and business judgment with the ability to quickly assess risk and prioritize
- High level organizational skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with internal clients and outside groups to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong written/oral communication skills, ability to communicate complex legal issues in non-legal language
- Enjoy collaborating with no ego in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Law degree/qualified solicitor, preferably in UK or NL (other EU jurisdictions will be considered), U.S. qualified lawyers with significant EMEA experience also considered
- Working knowledge in privacy and data security
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!