About the team
During that “work from home” time, Miro is growing very fast — there are many new customers, and there are a lot of new engineers in the company. In our stream Engineering productivity we have a special team Developer Tools, which mission is to make the process from writing code to deploying it to production effective and enjoyable to give engineers the ability to solve their challenges, not fighting against the environment.
Exciting projects/challenges for Developer Tools team for the upcoming 6-12 months:
- Create the analytics system on how our development and delivery process works, and define what bottlenecks may be improved
- Improve and re-implement our delivery pipelines to enable the organization to deliver value during the hyper growth
We are looking for people who are passionate about working on Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Development at scale and building the product that helps millions of people to collaborate on the daily basis.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
In the role of Release engineer, you will enable our engineering organization to grow and stay efficient at the same time. Your focus will be on the development and delivery velocity by creating and supporting fast flow from development to production. Working closely with product development teams, QA, and SRE you will keep our releases flowing, on time, and without incidents. Working on those challenges, it's very important to be data-oriented — we expect that the person in this role will work on analytics for our processes to bring data proved insights to our agenda.
What you'll do
- Manage and coordinate delivery process across product development and infrastructure teams
- Work on analytics for the development and delivery process to bring data-oriented decisions into our pipeline
- Drive automation within routine procedures
- Help engineers who faced difficulties during the delivery process
What you’ll need
- Experience with the release management process
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Proficiency with some programming language (Python / Go / Java / etc)
- Strong coordination skills to organize end execute complex releases across different team
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Git and popular CI/CD tools as Gitlab, Github Actions, Jenkins
- Experience with some analytical toolbox
- Experience with the DevOps toolset
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!