About the team
The Whiteboard Experience is the essence of Miro. That’s the most used and mission-critical part of the product for a user and a critical ingredient for the success of our business. The Whiteboard Experience stream is responsible for all the canvas UI and interactions, simple and complex graphical objects and their behavior, content creation and collaboration experience on the board. Its mission is to reinforce human intelligence and enable teams to create Next Big Things by providing tools for visual thinking and communication that are intuitive and easy for everyone.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As the Head of Whiteboard Experience Engineering, you will be accountable for the entire Miro Board user interface engineering, its technical strategy and keeping it in alignment with the overall company product and engineering roadmap. You will build and scale the engineering organization for supporting whiteboard experience, set up engineering processes and deliver high-quality outcomes with your organization in a timely manner.
What you’ll do
- Grow and lead Miro Whiteboarding experience organization
- Develop, communicate and execute technical strategy and roadmap for whiteboarding experience
- Contribute to the company’s overall technical product strategy and align it with the whiteboarding roadmap
- Build and scale operational processes within whiteboarding organization and contribute to the overall engineering practices
- Develop teams, talents and leaders within your organization
- Communicate strategy, tactics, and progress to the team and stakeholders
What you’ll need
- 10+ years in software engineering, 7+ years engineering and people management experience, SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies preferred
- Proven experience building scalable SPA in a large engineering organization
- Proven experience building engineering function with managing 15+ people
- Proven experience managing distributed teams
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Result focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align with technical strategy
- Strong execution skills in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding engineering architecture and trade-offs
- English is the main communication language at Miro, Russian is a plus for communicating with remote team
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!