About the team
Our product allows our customers to work with data that could be distributed in different locations. This is an exciting and challenging project that will help you to grow your competencies and get a truly valuable experience. This is a rare opportunity to build a new era of Miro product that works in different regions of the world and lets customers work over the globe transparently and, at the same time, comply with high legal requirements. Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who will help us build a solid foundation for our product. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and new approaches, being responsible for the code’s critical parts, and being willing to take complex challenges.
What you'll do
- Participate in the process of designing new architecture
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Design interfaces for base entities and objects
- Participate in building new microservice architecture of our product
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend experience in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with database systems and building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!