About the team
Our product allows our customers to work with data that could be distributed in various different locations. It’s an exciting and challenging project that lets you grow your competencies and get a great experience.
There is a rare opportunity to build a new era of Miro product that works in different regions of the world and lets customers work over the globe transparently and, at the same time, comply with legal requirements!
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We are looking for a Team Lead who will help us design new steps of product architecture in collaboration with different teams and implement that inside our product. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and new approaches. Also, we expect you to set up a new incredible high-level engineering team.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading the Business Logic Distributed Data team (people management, hiring, process development, and interfacing with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager, designer, and other teams
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
- Contribute to the product as a backend engineer, designing new architecture to ensure high performance and seamless user experience for board users….. In real time!
- Continues to contribute bug fixes and minor features without becoming a bottleneck for the team
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of backend experience in Java (preferred) or other object-oriented programming languages
- 5+ years experience of system designing, coding, testing, and debugging commercial software
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- 3+ years of experience managing an engineering team, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to grow and lead a large successful team in a fast-growing and accomplished international company
- Stock option program
- Travel allowance for commute
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided
- Team outings and collaboration
- Flexible time off
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!