About the team
Storage Services is the team with a great impact on Miro's scaling and stability from the perspective of the database access layer. We do everything possible to ensure that our service is stable in the face of constant user growth. We support the mechanism of horizontal scaling, balance the load between the shards, and automate routine processes related to scaling. We are currently working on a mechanism for scaling data without the downtime. We are implementing RDS and how to work with DB from microservices. This is a place where system tasks at the database access level are being done.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who will help us to achieve our ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience in Java and databases (Postgres, Redis, AWS managed services), readiness to drive change and experiment in search of the best solution possible, understanding of how to work with big loads and be able to scale further, and, most importantly, to bring real value to real users.
What you'll do
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve the efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Design and provide solution on database layer for microservices including database access, data segregation, monitoring, privacy and security
- Design and provide system components for database layer like automation resharding to manage load on shards, database scaling, backups and etc.
- Build PoC to choose new storage solutions and spread them across all Miro development teams
- Review technical solutions from others development teams to ensure the usage of best practices of working with databases
- Invest into the growth and development of other engineers, participate in onboarding and mentorship
What you'll need
- 8+ years of backend experience. Java/Spring ecosystem is preferable
- Experience of designing, coding, testing and debugging commercial software
- Good experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL. PostgreSQL and Redis are preferable. Scaling loads
- Familiar with microservice concepts, RDBMS, NoSQL (key-value, search engine, files), AWS
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- You care about quality a lot and know how to ship high-quality code
Nice to have
- Experience in on-duty for the production components
- Experience in participating in the hiring process
- Experience in onboarding/mentorship
- Experience with agile frameworks
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!