About the team
We are looking for QA engineers for several streams. A complete description of our QA process here. Generally, the approaches are very similar, but we have some specifics for different streams. Сore Product teams are focused on fundamental user experience, no matter what the role of the user or customer is. These teams are working to ensure that everyone has an amazing user experience, including content creation, knowledge management, business logic, and collaboration. Core Product - very complex functional testing (including automation) here. There are two areas:
- Canvas. This is complete freedom of action of the user. Also, there are a lot of technical challenges
- Business logic of management of users
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
In our case, QA engineers are experts in the testing area. QA can design test cases, cover functionality by e2e tests, and teach team members to write e2e tests too. QA is a knowledge base about all types of technical tests. Like load testing, security testing, etc. QA engineers are able to define quality vision and strategy for team components.
Also, QA helps to build an effective development process in the team regarding quality. The QA works in conjunction with the team leader of the feature team and is the driver of process changes that affect the quality of the product being created.
What you’ll do
- You will participate in problem-solving and solution design for all initiatives and experiments, together with the team
- Create acceptance scenarios
- Help a team prepare and write autotests
- Conduct exploratory testing
- Improve quality assurance processes in a team and create a target vision regarding quality
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of autotests experience (preferred JS or Java friendly languages)
- 2+ years of experience in manual (exploratory) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques, ability to create vision and strategy regarding quality for team components
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Ability to be responsible for the team’s quality
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Nice to have
- Growth - quality assurance in a team that does quick experiments in the product
- Platform - experience with quality assurance for public API and SDK (frontend experience). QA for REST API at least
- Use-cases - quality assurance in conditions of very complex functional testing (including automation)
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
- Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!