About the team
Starting with the rise of remote work in the spring of 2020 we see an ever-growing need for reliable tools for online collaboration, and we have established a new product line fully focused on engaging a real-time collaboration experience during meetings and workshops, and we want to expand this to any type of teamwork — including hybrid and co-located. The team mission is to create a digital environment where collaboration can be as engaging as it is in-person, and also be even more productive.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As the Head of Workshops Engineering, you’ll be partnering with strong product and design leadership to create a software product that helps thousands of teams all over the globe to collaborate using real-time technology. This is a rare opportunity to work on a game changing technical product for millions of users, combined with an engineering challenge.
In this role, you will be focused on engineering strategy for this area and keeping it in line with the overall company’s product and engineering roadmap. You will build and scale engineering organisations for supporting workshop experience, set up engineering processes and deliver high-quality outcomes with your team.
What you'll do
- Scale and manage an organization of 5+ engineering teams
- Develop and execute engineering strategy of your organization in alignment with company’s engineering strategy
- Organize timely delivery of high-quality solutions to user problems, needs and business demands
- Partner with Product and Design to develop and execute product and design strategies
- Partner with engineering leaders across company to align engineering strategy of your organization with other organizations
What you'll need
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience in engineering management, 3+ years of experience in scaling and managing high-performing engineering organizations (5+ teams)
- Strong execution skills in cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Passion about understanding user problems and needs, product and design solutions to them and their business impact
- Proving experience developing and executing effective engineering strategy of an engineering organization
- Proven experience developing and executing product and design strategies in partnership with Product and Design
- Proficient English level, Russian is a plus for communicating with remote teams
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!