About the team
Miro’s legal team is a group of highly qualified and capable individuals where teamwork and collaboration is key to our success. We work to provide high quality, frictionless counseling for the organization to help drive success in the organization while mitigating risk. All of our team members stay very busy but are willing to jump in to help one another at any time to ensure team success.
About the role
Miro is looking for a practical, motivated and energetic Product and Privacy Counsel to join our growing EMEA team. As our first Product and Privacy Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product development initiatives. You will partner with our innovators to develop new technologies while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. You will also be called upon to manage and negotiate complex relationships that contribute to our products’ success. As a self-motivated individual you should be comfortable working in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and will be responsible for building our product and privacy function from scratch.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement best in practice privacy program in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including major privacy laws (California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), etc.);
- Provide privacy SME support to commercial transactions team on matters related to privacy and compliance
- Develop best in class privacy policies and templates
- Implement privacy by design framework with engineering and product development teams
- Drive stakeholder awareness on data privacy and security issues, including development of training and guidelines that help business stakeholders spot and address data protection and privacy issues as they emerge in development of new products and technologies;
- Build and enhance the legal team’s processes, efficiency, compliance framework and best practices.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of privacy experience, preferably in-house within a SaaS or technology company
- Strong experience with advising business, product and/or engineering teams on legal, regulatory, and compliance issues relating to the development and sales of technology products and services
- Experience with building and managing a legal privacy function in a hyper growth company
- Experience and comfort working with and engaging with product and engineering teams on technical topics related to privacy by design practices
- Familiarity with launching SaaS technology products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development related to privacy by design practices
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Ability to convey complex legal concepts in simple terms
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product, security and business teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize, lead and manage projects effectively
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skill
- EU attorney license
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!