About the team
Whiteboard Experience is an essence of Miro, it’s the critical part of the product, both from a business and users’ perspective. Whiteboard Experience is an area within our Core Product stream. It includes all the canvas UI and interactions, board objects and their behavior, content creation, and collaboration experience on the board.
The Smart Canvas Usability team part of the Canvas Experience stream. The team responsible for integration Canvas UX with ML/AI services and closely works with the Data Science department.
About the role
As Miro introduces millions of people around the world to the power of visualizing and ultimately blends the physical and digital world to create a better-than-paper experience. Whiteboard Experience is at the forefront of what can be the biggest shift in the information management paradigm since the introduction of assemblers.
We’re looking for an experienced Team Lead to build and nurture the Smart Canvas Usability team in Berlin. We value Team Leads who are player-coaches so in this role you’ll also actively contribute to the product as an engineer. It's a unique opportunity to build a team from scratch and make a huge impact on how the future of online collaboration will look like.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead the Smart Canvas Usability team (people management, hiring, process development, and collaboration with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members’ professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager, designer, and other teams
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and help when needed
- Contribute to the product as a frontend engineer, design solutions to complex problems, review code, etc.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing development teams of 5+ engineers: mentoring, professional development, motivation, recruiting, and onboarding
- 2+ years experience in working with Scrum framework. Ability to facilitate any Scrum meeting to show how to conduct meetings effectively, take into account all the nuances in order to develop a quality product
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Strong communication and fluency in English
Nice to have
- 3+ years of developing products with similar complexity (graphical software, complex productivity software like spreadsheets, docs, games, etc.)
- Building the continuous process of rapid prototyping in code between product-design-engineering (we need design-oriented engineers that are good at rapid prototyping)
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!