About the team
The Miro Core product team is responsible for one of our most crucial functions: whiteboarding. This includes collaboration capabilities, whiteboard components, and basic product entities.
Our customers count on us for collaboration services and smooth user experience on heavy collaborative sessions (with 500+ participants), so we strive constantly to provide the highest quality products, enhance our collaboration capabilities, and provide the basic whiteboarding functionality to empower customers and help them become more efficient.
About the role
The engineering Manager has to serve two equally important roles:
Manager of the collaboration engine
You will be accountable for the collaboration engine — one of Miro’s most critical product parts — including engineering strategy and alignment with Miro’s overall product and engineering roadmap.
You will build and scale engineering organizations for supporting collaboration engines, set up engineering processes, and deliver high-quality outcomes with your organization in a timely manner.
Engineering leader for the hub
You will also be responsible for building and setting upscaling processes for Miro’s overall engineering organization at Berlin, establishing engineering practices and setting up onboarding processes and cross-hub collaboration for Berlin’s teams.
What you'll do
- Grow and lead Miro’s collaboration engineering organization
- Develop, communicate, and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for your organization
- Contribute to Miro’s overall technical product strategy and align it with the collaboration roadmap
- Build and scale operational processes within the collaboration server org and contribute to the overall engineering practices
- Develop teams, talents, and leaders within your organization
- Communicate strategy, tactics, and progress to the team and stakeholders
What you'll need
- 10+ years in software engineering
- 7+ years engineering and people management experience, SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies preferred
- Proven experience in building engineering function (25+ people)
- Proven experience in managing distributed teams
- Strong prioritization and project management skills and understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Focus on the result, applying data-driven engineering strategy for skills development
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align them with technical strategy
- Strong execution skills in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of engineering architecture and trade-offs
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!