About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. The Miro Platform is a highly strategic initiative that aims to empower developers and partners to create engaging and powerful visual collaboration applications and experiences using Miro technology.
Central to the success of the platform is the experience we offer both developers and the users of the apps and integrations that they develop. Our platform experience teams are responsible for ensuring that developers onboard easily, with access to the tools, documentation, and support to build apps quickly and painlessly, while Miro users and enterprise administrators discover, install, and manage the apps and integrations that would benefit their use cases.
About the role
As Engineering Manager for Platform Experience you will be responsible for building, managing, and coaching the platform experience teams. You will set up engineering processes and best practices for maintaining stability and ongoing delivery and ensure successful and timely deliveries of platform experience products and improvements.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering for Platform, you will work alongside our Developer Relations, Solutions Engineering, and Customer Support teams to identify opportunities to improve the platform experience for developers and users and work with the Product Managers and Team Leads to build a strategy and roadmap for addressing these opportunities.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new and highly strategic initiative in a leadership role within a world-class growth stage technology business, right at the start of the journey.
What you'll do
- Build and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for the Miro platform experience teams and contribute to overall technical product strategy
- Contribute to the overall company’s technical product strategy, and align it with the platform experience roadmap
- Build and scale operational processes within platform experience and contribute to the overall engineering practices
- Develop teams, talents and leaders within your teams
- Communicate strategy, tactics, and progress to the team and stakeholders
What you'll need
- 5+ years in software engineering, 3+ years engineering and people management experience, SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies preferred
- Proven experience in building a public platform ecosystem for cloud products
- Proven experience in building engineering functions (15+ person)
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Result focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align with technical strategy
- Understanding of engineering architecture and trade-offs
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!