About the team
Whiteboard Experience is an essence of Miro, it’s the mission-critical part of the product, both from a business and user perspective. Whiteboard Experience is an area within our Core Product stream. It includes all the canvas UI and interactions, board objects and their behavior, content creation, and collaboration experience on the board.
About the role
As a Sr. Product Design Manager within the Core Product, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the core of Miro at making the next big leap in user experience and value of the product.
We are looking for an experienced and creative leader striving to deliver the best product and experience to the market by incorporating and balancing users’ needs, business goals, and tech possibilities.
You’ll be guiding the Whiteboard Experience Design team through the entire product development process, partnering with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure stellar execution of your strategy for the domain and achieving company targets.
This role requires an ability to cope with complexity, navigate the ambiguity, tackle curiously non-trivial logical challenges, and rigorously map things out to explain them to others and build shared understanding.
The Sr. Product Design Manager for us is a strategic thinker with a sharp mind and keen eye, who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves when needed. You should operate on different levels of abstraction: from starting with the visionary statements, then strategising its delivery to hands-on-deck skills like crafting the UX deliverables and design-directing the UI.
The ability to come up with strong ideas and concepts that work well, transforming its complex logic into elegant, easy-to-use solutions, and then executing it with excellence within your team is the key to success in the role.
What you’ll do
- Own the Whiteboard Experience stream in Сore Product from the design standpoint
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data, and Marketing counterparts to shape and strategise the Whiteboard Experience domain
- Mentor, hire and oversee the product design team for Whiteboard Experience
- Manage design team performance, workload, and career development
- Provide design critique and reviews in a supportive and constructive way
- Evolve the processes within the border org to optimise for efficiency
- Nurture and champion the culture at Miro
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of product design experience, and preferably user research
- 5+ years of experience in hiring, scaling, and managing a design team
- 2+ years of experience working within modern user-centric Enterprise SaaS company
- Portfolio of product design work showcasing both UX and visual design excellence
- Strategic and critical thinking, paired with flexibility and being open minded
- Ability to measure and clearly articulate the value of design within the company
- Ability to strategise and execute end-to-end design process with your team: defining problems, exploring solutions, producing UX deliverables and high-fidelity design, testing and implementing it, then measuring the success of your work and iterating if needed
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!