About the team
Our Infrastructure and SRE Team is currently distributed between Perm, RUS and Amsterdam, NL. We are in the process of transforming our organisation, which will solely focus on providing all development streams within the organisation with hands-on expertise, tooling and frameworks required in order to achieve stability, predictability within the infrastructure release domain and help promote reliability engineering practice and adoption.
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Lead DevOps Engineer to contribute to defining best standards, practice and guidelines in regards to the currently in place infrastructure and platform, as well as take an opportunity to contribute to defining new strategy and practice within this and newly adopted infrastructure domain. You will have an opportunity to impact infrastructure development strategy, create the distributed solutions of our service and grow and acquire new skills. In addition, you will be expert in the field of automating and defining code as X (everything) part of DevOps practice and strategy in order to maximise uptime, reliability, resilience and reproducibility of our customer facing services.
With millions of users, a global team, and the support of market-leading VCs and advisors, it’s an incredible time to join Miro. Bring your skills, experience, and vision and help us transform how the world collaborates.
What you’ll do
- Be hands-on involved, lead the troubleshooting, architecting and implementing improved solutions that powers our web environment in order to deal with current growth requirements,
- Work on new systems and solutions that help serve increased amount of content over the web,
- Provide internal and external teams with advisory best practices as defined within infrastructure and SRE strategy and organisation,
- Create and maintain effective blueprints of the infrastructure and use of automation and SaaS offerings, in order to modernise the way infrastructure and development teams use it,
- Maintain and improve the CI/CD process for our infrastructure. Some of the examples, include, but not only (recyclable infrastructure, security built-in provisioning and deployment pipelines, optimal use and deployment of existing and new technologies allowing self-service of development practices where possible)
- Drive automation within an organization utilizing all solutions as code,
- Develop and maintain distributed architecture solutions of our production environment using Cloud Providers such as AWS
- Work with Infrastructure and SRE teams on adopting new practices, solutions and ways of utilising technologies effectively,
- Work closely with teams in different time zones and have the occasional meeting outside of regular work hours (where required)
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of working in complex cloud (preferably AWS) environments
- 5+ years in web / system / infrastructure domain
- 10+ years working with high available, high load infrastructure implementations
- Strong hands-on experience with web related infrastructure technologies and techniques on how to deal with performance and routing issues when serving high traffic
- Expert with config as code, integration as code, deployment as code
- Expert and hands-on with IaC, python
- Ability to have complex conversations and advise development teams on best practices, design and implementation of the solutions related to our defined SRE practices
- Ability to align our internally defined SRE practices within development organisation
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!