About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. More than 200 apps have already been built on our initial platform release, but this is just the beginning of our journey to build a comprehensive developer offering, with a world class developer experience.
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to work within our Platform team, with a primary focus on designing strategic integrations with major industry players, and a secondary focus on designing tools and features that streamline third-party apps & integrations on Miro. You will be part of a team that is defining the future of Miro and looking at how we scale to meet a wide variety of use cases with a major focus on collaboration, meetings, and workshops. You’ll be responsible for producing end-to-end, holistic user experiences and eng ready design deliverables, maintaining a high-bar of visual quality, with structure that ensures ease-of-understanding by users.
You'll apply a customer-centric approach to problem-solving and collaborate with external designers from some of the highest profile companies in the world, and internal teams to achieve shared goals. These internal teams will include Product Managers, Engineers, our wider Product Design organisation (Research, Content Strategy, Technical Writing) and more.
What you’ll do
- Work with key partners across the business to research and design deep partner integrations through conceptualization, exploration and user validation
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and turn them into high-quality design solutions
- Partner with UXR on users perspectives and competitive landscape to generate solutions
- Work with the cross-functional team to further flesh out the design system underpinning our product's user experience
- Run end-to-end design processes for a variety of initiatives within your team(s) and validate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Create UX deliverables as well as visual and interaction design for your initiatives
- Collaborate with developers to reach high-quality implementations
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience as a product designer building and shipping applications or software — prior experience working major marketplaces/vendors is a big plus
- Ability to solve complex problems with a systematic approach and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate and harness user insights and research to create an exceptional experience for users and developers
- Experience clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts of a project to internal/external and executive stakeholders
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, high-fidelity prototypes, and consideration of the impact and scale of work
- Experience connecting your work with other related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Strong understanding of technologies used to build modern digital experiences, agile workflows, and a familiarity with the fundamentals of front-end development, accessibility and usability
- Your online portfolio demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products, an eye for detail and the ability to generate intuitive solutions for sophisticated problems
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- This is an unique opportunity to shape a powerful and visually compelling new platform at one of Europe’s fastest growing startups
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!