About the team
The Financial Reporting & Controls team is responsible for providing accurate financials, building our financial infrastructure, and ensuring smooth operations. To take our team to the next level, we need a committed problem solver to build and scale our global AR function. This is an exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact at a rapidly growing company.
About the role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead our Accounts Receivable team and own our billing and collections processes. Your efforts will lay the foundation for establishing the policies, processes, and controls necessary to scale our organization. This role reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will support the Financial Reporting & Controls team with month-end close, financial reporting, and timely invoicing and collections. We’re looking for someone who is driven by results and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail.
What you’ll do
- Oversee global AR operations and provide direction, training, and support for the Billing team.
- Monitor the AR aging report and coordinate with customers to collect payment for past-due invoices.
- Respond to billing requests and monitor team SLAs
- Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient invoicing
- Partner with Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, and Deal Desk to design and implement improvements to our quote-to-cash process.
- Review AR reconciliations and journal entries. Prepare month-end reporting for Executives with actionable insights pertaining to billing and collections.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests such as audit support and system implementations
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Accounts Receivable, with knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong work ethic with a desire to drive improvements and achieve results
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Experience working with distributed teams is a plus.
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Salesforce, Stripe, and/or Netsuite
- Nice to have: Experience at a SaaS or subscription-based company
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!