About the team
Miro is a successful and fast-growing engineering company that has created a business-critical tool for various companies across the globe. We developed our product in a monolith application paradigm but it’s time to change it.
Service Communications team is a new service team that is aimed to build and support a foundation for service-to-service communications.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer for building the foundation communications between services. It will include the design and implementation of sync and async communications between microservices and existing monolith applications, developing the frameworks that other developers can use to simplify the integration with other services and provide sufficient documentation to support other development teams.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute service-to-service communications strategy at Miro by introducing new tools, frameworks and approaches to the Miro developers
- Support the teams at Miro who are building next generation solutions into world leading collaboration and productivity tools using service-to-service communications layer
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to enable developers to use service-to-service communication layer in more efficient and reliable ways
- Write high-quality technical documentation and provide an observability layer to simplify usage of service-to-service communication for the other development teams
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ experience in development with the required stack (Java, Spring Boot)
- Experience in building a foundation for microservice/SOA architecture, especially service-to-service layer
- Good knowledge of k8s, microservice concepts, service-to-service interaction at scale
- Experience working with Kafka and gRPC
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!