About the team
The Visual Structures substream will be bringing new horizontal experiences and content formats on the top of the basic whiteboard. Our goal is to build a delightful sync and async experience making presentations interactive, guiding collaborators over the board with video and voice walkthroughs, and making the creation of content as simple as it can be.
About the role
The Async Collaboration team focuses specifically on async recording and other initiatives that empower users to be productive and engaged yet at their own time. You will help to significantly shape Miro’s Core product and have a high impact on the daily lives of over 15M knowledge workers collaborating and driving team alignment with our features!
Collaboration inside the team is as significant as within the product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development. Are you up to the task?
What you'll do
- Design and development on Miro canvas components
- Add functionality and drive improvements to microservices-based APIs
- Contribute to development and execution of technical strategy
- Help with the hiring of new talent
- Be a role model, technically strong to mentor other engineers in the team
What you'll need
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Backend development in major languages (Node.JS and Java preferred) and experience with OAuth, REST API, and SQL/noSQL databases
- Curiosity to work on features that impact both our users and other Miro teams
- Strong sense of ownership and data-driven approach to problem solving
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.