About the team
The RenderTeam team will be responsible for building the render core of the Miro Whiteboard. We care a lot about the performance of our product. The team goal is to provide a render engine that will be able to render thousands of widgets in a collaboration scenario.
Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to a friendly atmosphere, microclimate, and self-development.
About the role
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who will help us achieve ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change, and experiment in search of the best solution to crafting the core of Miro Whiteboard. You will be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to take difficult challenges.
What you'll do
- Design the technical architecture of render API
- Implement render engine in collaboration with other teams
- Work on performance and optimizations
- Work on decoupling and isolating core components
What you’ll need
- Must have: Experience with WebGL
- 5+ years of developing complex, highly usable apps or games
- Ability to design consistent API for other developers
- Design and deliver architecture of core components
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Ability to analyze and formalize technical solutions
- You are motivated to collaborate actively with the team and develop high-quality solutions quickly, without mentorship
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React, PixiJS
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!