About the team
The Product Design team is an integral part of the product development process at Miro. We are tightly knitted with our business, with product management and engineering teams to foster fast and effective collaboration.
Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
We aim to deliver the best possible user experience, build a product with a high bar of visual culture and ease of use, and with that meaningfully contribute to achieving our company goals.
About the role
As Senior Product Designer in the Horizontal Product design team you’ll be working on the core UI of our product. Miro boards are where users create, organize, view and interact with a broad range of widgets, containers and various other items. You will work closely with product management and design leadership to identify and solve user pain points as well as find new opportunities to create delightful interactions that will make users feel empowered and successful in using the product and exceeding their expectations.
You will need to balance user needs with business goals, figuring out the hypothesis and validating them with design solutions. You’ll have an intense collaboration with product, research and data experts to make data-informed decisions, as well as with engineering to find the best way to validate the hypotheses, and to build features effectively in a fast-moving pace whilst maintaining a high bar of product quality.
What you’ll do
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and turn them into high-quality design solutions
- Work cross-functionally with product management, design leadership, research and engineering to deliver the best possible user experience
- Run end-to-end design process for a variety of initiatives within your team
- Research on users perspectives, competitive and adjacent products and industry best practices to generate solutions
- Design and develop interactive, advanced prototypes to explore, share and validate detailed widget and tool interactions
- Create UX deliverables as well as visual and interaction design specs
- Validate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Collaborate with developers to reach high-quality implementation
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
- Help to grow our design team, improve processes, participate in broader design team topics and activities and mentor folks
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in product design (experience with productivity apps preferred)
- Experience with a data informed and metrics driven design process, paired with creativity and original thinking
- Ability to define and articulate design vision and strategy
- Experience with creating complex, multi-input-mode interactions, experiences and end-to-end flows, prototypes, with high-fidelity visuals
- Analytical and methodical, systematic thinking
- Advanced prototyping skills, basic coding knowledge preferred
- Planning, designing, running and analysing User Research activities
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Confident, clear and convincing presentation skills
- Empathic with broad spectrum of user types
- Engaged cross-functionally collaboration mindset to deliver the best possible user experience
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!