About the team
We strive to be a world-class finance team with a great culture and have the same high standards with our work, systems, practices, and people. You will be reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager and will work very closely with our Strategic Finance team, Legal, Tax, and People Operations teams.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior International Accountant who is able to get things done. Do you want to help scale a finance and accounting team that is a true business partner to a hyper-growth, innovative software company and not just a back-office function? Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to building a global leader in the online collaboration space? If so, this may be the perfect role for you.
You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a highly uncertain environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic guidance for the organization.
What you’ll do
- Month-end-close tasks including preparation of EMEA journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with local GAAP or IFRS
- Partner closely with the Strategic Finance team around monthly BvA analysis and other ad-hoc projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to business partners
- Tax compliance support for various filings in the EMEA region (VAT, CIT, Digital Services Tax)
- Support internal and external audit requirements for EMEA countries
What you’ll need
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting, Big4 and/or multinational company experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting processes such as the month-end close cycle
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, whilst maintaining a high level of integrity and honesty
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with Netsuite is a big plus
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!