About the team
Miro is a successful and fast growing engineering company that has created a business-critical tool for various companies across the globe. Within the Growth team, we’re working hard on offering more customers an opportunity to try Miro - next to over 11 million existing users. We work in small cross-functional teams, closely collaborating with colleagues from Analytics, Design, Product and Marketing.
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Growth team in Amsterdam. We are a group of teams focused on helping more customers around the globe discover Miro - a challenging mission that comes with solid technical challenges. In this role you’ll be leading the development of technical strategy and architecture for various products within the Growth team.
What you’ll do
- Contribute as a hands-on architect and help the team design business-critical systems
- Lead a community of backend engineers
- Own the technical strategy and architecture for Growth
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in lead / architect / principal role
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally within a SaaS business
- Experience working across multiple technology stacks using different programming paradigms
- Experience building, launching and running mission-critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Experience with migrations
- Experience with SOA
- Strong background in Java/Spring or a comparable stack
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business stakeholders
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to influence and lead other engineers
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!