About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation and by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
Within the Growth team, we’re working hard on offering more customers an opportunity to try Miro - next to over 30 million existing users. We work in small cross-functional teams, closely collaborating with colleagues from Analytics, Design, Product and Marketing.
Please watch this video to learn more about the Growth stream.
This role can be fully remote in UK/EU/Israel or based in our Amsterdam office (with a hybrid working model or 2 days in the office as our baseline).
About the role
In Growth, our mission is to help more customers discover Miro. Over the past couple of years we have seen Miro grow massively and become an essential part of the workflow for 30+ million customers, which comes with added technical complexity and need to build the product for a very different scale. Next to this, with more customers using Miro we continuously learn about new use cases and features we can build, and that requires a different approach to our architecture.
Groups you would support in this role (currently ~80 engineers in total):
- Retention & Engagement - teams focusing mostly on new user experience and customer education
- Experimentation: Powers the infrastructure on which experimentation is enabled
- Website: Owns the backend core for miro website, as well as all efforts related to public-facing miro.com website, including PPC and SEO
- Monetization - teams responsible for pricing, payments, accounting and authorization, in addition to experimenting with changes to self serve plans, invites and business logic
- Acquisition - new, experimental projects aimed at customer acquisition, such as Web Whiteboard
- Community Platforms - a couple of teams building our user-generated content capabilities such as Miroverse
Technology wise, we currently work with Java, Kotlin and Nodej.s on the backend, and a mix of React and Angular on the frontend.
What you’ll do
- As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will take ownership of a broad, evolving problem space and rely on your technical expertise to guide us through
- Build and lead a community of (senior) engineers with diverse skill sets and help them grow
- Own the technical strategy and architecture for Growth
- Build PoCs and shape the technical strategy for business critical projects
- Be an advocate for modern development practices and help us foster team autonomy
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in lead / architect / principal role
- Strong customer focus and passion to build a great product
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally within a SaaS business
- Experience working across multiple technology stacks using different programming paradigms
- Experience building, launching and running mission-critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business stakeholders
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.