About the team
The System team is one of the teams that provide the internal platform for hundreds of internal developers. We are responsible for service-to-service communications, client-server communications, user authentication, and chassis for microservice and monolith applications. We do everything possible to ensure that our service is stable in the face of constant user growth including on-call and incident management. Our goal is to provide a reliable, scalable, and convenient platform for the internal developers to let them think more about the business value than technical difficulties.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Our Systems Team is a part of Stability & Scalability stream. To learn more about this stream please watch the video.
About the role
We are looking for a top-tier software engineer with a strong background in Java and microservices-related technologies including API Gateways, Service Meshes, Service Discovery, peer-to-peer, and message broker communications. We are expecting that you have experience in designing and implementation microservice architecture on an organization-wide level.
In this role, you will participate in defining how the microserivce architecture will look like for Miro with other specialists and lead the development of it in the System teams.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify commonalities between software components and improve the efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Design and provide solutions for service-to-service and client-server communications for microservices
- Research and build PoC for different solutions for microservices architecture including API Gateway and Service Mesh
- Review technical solutions from other development teams to ensure the usage of standard methodologies of working with microservices
- Invest in the growth and development of other engineers, participate in onboarding and mentorship
- Contribute to on-call and incident management process provide the highest SLA for the services that the team is responsible for
What you'll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in a senior role
- Experience building, launching, and running mission-critical, high-performance, distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Proved experience in building microservice architecture for hundreds of developers and services
- Strong background in Java/Spring
- Strong background in microservice related technologies (k8s, Service Mesh, Service Discovery, API Gateways)
- Strong background in different message brokers and peer-to-peer transports
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.