About the role
Miro is a successful and still fast-growing engineering company. The Internal platform engineering team aims to deliver a foundation of architecture and infrastructure that powers all engineering teams to deliver new value to Miro’s users. We are looking for technical leaders who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission-critical system under extreme loads. Your main focus will be design and building new service-based architecture and architecture building distributed across multiple datacenters.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop cutting edge, highly reliable and scalable distributed systems
- Work with your team members to investigate and design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Design, implement, and deploy core components of internal platform
- Drive software development best practices and engineering excellence within your team
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver software
- Mentor other engineers
What you’ll need
- 10+ years industry experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience building and migrating architecture from monolith approach to microservices
- 8+ years of hands-on coding skills in Java (C#, C++) coupled with a strong base in object-oriented design and development
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
- Experience with at least one cloud computing platform. Preferably AWS.
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 15 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!