About the team
Miro is a successful and fast growing engineering company that has created a business-critical tool for various companies across the globe. With over 11 million users, communication is essential for Miro - and in this role you will have the opportunity to build and lead a team responsible for building a communication platform used across the whole organisation - think delivering our marketing emails and release announcements, transactional messages such as board invites and mentions, comments, all the way down to built-in chat. You’ll help us pick the right solutions in the industry to integrate and design a flexible, personalised experience for our customers.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to join our newly established Notifications team in Amsterdam. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to build and own a business-critical component of Miro that is responsible for prioritisation, tracking, routing and display of notifications of various nature through email, push, in-app messaging and other channels.
What you’ll do
- Hire and develop new talent
- Develop and execute technical strategy for Notifications at Miro
- Lead the Notifications engineering team; be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using Java or any other object-oriented language
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering team including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Experience working with notification / messaging systems
- Experience running a high-load internal service with customers across the organisation
- Experience with building services and APIs
- Experience with running a service (monitoring, alerting, SLOs/SLAs, etc)
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!