About the role
The Head of Marketing Research will play a critical role in further developing Miro’s understanding of it’s customers and evangelizing those insights into the organization in order to empower our marketing and sales teams to effectively bring the product to market. You will be responsible for building a Marketing Research team that delivers customer insights into the Marketing team across Brand, Product Marketing, Content, Growth and Enterprise teams. You will contribute to the development of marketing strategy, enable the creation of compelling marketing materials, and unlock measurement and long-term tracking of our success across the department.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a deep understanding of how to apply insights to building brand strategy and informing go-to-market for new products. You will have extensive experience managing quant and qual studies end-to-end, hands-on experience as a practitioner and team leader, and be adept at combining attitudinal and behavioural data.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a best in class Marketing Insights team within a fast-moving, high-growth organisation
- Direct and run brand and marketing research (qualitative and quantitative) to uncover insights into who our customers are, what motivates them and how we can better develop and message our products
- Identify and spearhead strategic research initiatives as part of the business planning process
- Establish insight-based metrics for the Marketing team and partner with Analytics to deliver ongoing brand tracking and mechanisms to evaluate success of marketing campaigns
- Create foundational audience insights (in partnership with UX Research), including brand perception understanding, customer segmentation, etc, to inform business strategy
- Establish preferred methodologies and scaled mechanisms for efficiently evaluating marketing messaging, creative, and positioning
- Develop research that contributes to external thought leadership content
What you’ll need
- 10+ years end-to-end experience with quantitative research and qualitative research, preferably as part of a Marketing organisation, across multiple methodologies including online quant surveys, focus groups, 1:1, ethnographies, online qual, etc.
- Experience managing people and leading a team
- Experience with budget or vendor management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to switch regularly and rapidly between strategy and execution
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels and strategies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive and collaborative personality.
- Track record of successfully influencing and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Decision-making orientation around customer benefit/value
- Meticulous and very detail-oriented
- Clear and open communication skills
- Ability to provide actionable, defensible feedback to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work
- Excellent written and strong presentation skills
- Curious and with a growth mindset
- Experience working with a highly distributed team
- English - advanced level and higher
What's in it for you
At Miro, you’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment, collaborative and thoughtful team members and a community of users that absolutely love our product. Along with competitive salaries and the full slate of benefits, Miro provides everything you personally need to get your job done. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, every day! Miro is a distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Austin and Perm.
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!