About the team
You will be reporting directly to our US-based Global Head of Financial Reporting and Controls and will work very closely with our People Operations teams.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Payroll Manager with strong attention to detail and a knack for building great processes. Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to building a global leader in the online collaboration space? If so, this may be the perfect role for you. You are a continuous learner with a growth mindset. You thrive in a highly uncertain environment where decisions need to be made and executed upon super fast. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic advice for the organization. You are passionate about your coworkers and employees and go the extra mile to help.
What you’ll do
- Help drive the transition from PEO to in-house payroll processing, including implementation of ADP
- Manage the day-to-day payroll operations ensuring accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payrolls in a high growth, fast paced organization
- Process supplemental payroll and any out of sequence checks such as terminations or payroll corrections
- Manage and oversee payroll approval and reporting for contractor employed through 3rd party agencies
- Prepare, review and file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports and W2s
- Ensure all government reporting requirements, regulations and compliance for payroll taxes and withholdings are met;
- Advise leadership on state regulatory laws updates to make well-informed decisions on HR and/or financial matters
- Partner with Accounting team to ensure accurate general ledger reporting and reconciliations
- Manage unemployment rates with each registered payroll state, and ensure accurate and current information is in payroll system; register for new state/SUI/local payroll tax as needed and add jurisdictions in the payroll system
- Identify areas improvements and efficiencies by partnering closely with the Biz Tech, People Ops, Legal and other internal stakeholders to establish best practices for global payroll
- Assist with annual financial, Workers Comp, and 401K audits by responding to auditor requests as it relates to payroll
- Act as the point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve errors, issues and risks proactively
What you'll need
- 7-10+ years of payroll experience. Global experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations
- Solid understanding of stock and equity disbursement and related tax implications
- Able to perform and deliver excellent results under high pressure
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail and results orientation are required.
- Ability to collaborating in a cross-functional global environment
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!