About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. More than 200 apps have already been built on our initial platform release, but this is just the beginning of our journey to build a comprehensive developer offering, with a world class developer experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer to work within our Platform team, which helps developers around the world build apps that make our product better and then share them with other Miro users. As a designer on our team, you will have the freedom to use your creative thinking while engaging in early stage research and ideation, and then supporting implementation and iteration. You’ll be responsible for producing end-to-end, holistic user experiences and engineering ready design deliverables, maintaining a high-bar of visual quality, structure that ensures ease-of-understanding, learnability and discoverability with users and developers.
What you’ll do
- Design end to end experiences that help remove friction and unlock potential for Miro users and developers audience
- Work with key partners across the business to develop solutions through conceptualization, exploration and user validation
- Work with technical writers to ensure the documentation and in product user flows are aligned
- Work with the cross-functional team to further flesh out the design system underpinning our product's user experience
- Create UX deliverables as well as visual and interaction design for your initiatives
- Run end-to-end design processes for a variety of initiatives within your team(s) and validate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
What you’ll need
- 3+ years experience as a product designer building and shipping applications or software
- Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and interaction design skills
- Visual design proficiency with aesthetic sensibility that takes into account function over form as well as an understanding of creating consistency across different platforms
- Ability to generate and harness user insights and research to create an exceptional experience for users and developers
- Strong understanding of technologies used to build modern digital experiences and a familiarity with the fundamentals of front-end development, accessibility and usability
- Your online portfolio demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products, an eye for detail and the ability to generate intuitive solutions for sophisticated problems
- Bonus: Proficiency with coding and coding environments. While designers at Miro are not always expected to code, a deep understanding of modern development technologies, developer motivations and pain points will be extremely useful for this role. Experience collaborating with developers to reach high-quality implementations in GUI, IDE and in console experiences is a plus.
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!