About the team
Starting with the rise of remote work in the spring of 2020 we see an ever-growing need for reliable tools for online collaboration. At Use Cases we build best-in-class solutions with awesome user experience to fulfill this need. At the moment we're working on two ambitious solutions: Miro for Workshops, making online workshops more engaging and productive than offline ones, and Miro for Mapping & Diagramming, allowing creating robust maps and diagrams that elevate knowledge and align everyone on the vision.
Please watch this video to learn more about Use Cases stream.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build and nurture an engineering team in Amsterdam. We value team leads who are player-coaches so in this role you’ll also actively contribute to the product as an engineer. It's a unique opportunity to build a team from scratch and make a huge impact on how the future of online collaboration will look like.
What you'll do
- Hire, grow and retain talent
- Closely collaborate with a product manager and designer to develop and execute the product roadmap of the team
- Develop and execute the engineering roadmap of the team
- Contribute to the product as an engineer, design solutions to complex problems, review code, etc.
- Have an amazing opportunity to build a team from scratch
What you'll need
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing a team of 5+ engineers
- 5+ years of experience in backend or frontend development
- Strong communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.