About the team
This is a unique opportunity to build out a new function at Miro! The Customer Insights team works to integrate the voice of the customer into our conversations, empowering teams to make decisions with an understanding of this voice. We act almost like a lean “startup” within the org, an incubator that helps establish the processes, skills, and policies to help all of Miro embrace customer-centricity in their process of innovating for our customers. We don’t just look at ways that the product can improve with customer input, but address the customer experience as a whole.
About the role
The Customer Insights Researcher will be a customer ambassador within Miro. You will uncover and share insights and drive programs that incorporate the user voice into our business strategy and product roadmap. Your first 3-6 months will involve working with the Customer Insights team to plan and execute a research program. The goal is to develop a 360 understanding of our customers in the form of segmentation, persona development, identifying “category entry points” for our brand in order to increase top-of-funnel engagement, and creating assets to help us understand the whole human behind our target customer base.
The leadership aspect of the role requires perfect project management skills, as well as stakeholders management to drive the research process end-to-end with high predictability. You will also mentor and support stakeholders from Marketing, Product Marketing, and Sales teams, conducting user research and improving the research practice within the organization and track its impact.
What you’ll do
- Inform and participate in creating the Customer Insights center of excellence, working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Design and conduct studies utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Autonomously lead end-to-end market research studies to inform the Go to Market and Marketing strategy and evaluate the user experience of existing or potential new targeted approaches
- Proactively contribute ideas to improve internal research culture and initiatives, cross-pollinating and collaborating with the UX research teams on an ongoing basis
- Expand existing research processes and provide methodology support to sales and marketing teams
- Maintain an overall company knowledge repository about user insights and proactively communicate it company-wide
- Drive the process of turning insights into actions
- Track impact and optimize efforts for speed and quality of insights
- Collaborate with Sales, Success and Marketing teams to exchange insights about customers and market needs and get their insights directly in front of the Product team
What you’ll need
- 4+ years leading quantitative and qualitative Research projects in with demonstrated impact
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Hands-on experience conducting interviews, focus groups, remote user testing, ethnographic research, benchmarking, survey design and usage of multiple methods within a study
- Hands-on experience with: market research, objective measurements and statistical analysis of data collected through polls, questionnaires, and surveys, or by manipulating pre-existing statistical data
- Types of surveys: customer intention, attitudinal, expectations, trust, loyalty, retention, Brand, Product
- Able to work with Product and Growth Analyst to generate hybrid (qual+quant) insights
- Excellent English communication & influence skills
- Stakeholder management, leadership to guide & mentor cross-functional teams about user and market research
- Empathy and ability to adapt to changing context and research requests
Nice to have:
- Experience doing research with low-tech savvy users
- B2B SaaS experience (especially collaboration space) is a plus
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!