About the role
As Miro’s head of brand, you will help Miro tell our story to the world and better fulfill our mission to empower millions of teams everywhere to create the next big thing.
As the Head of Brand, you will report directly to the CMO and be a key part of Miro’s marketing leadership team. You will bring deep experience in brand strategy, advertising, and brand measurement and a passion for storytelling and distinctive identity.
The Head of Brand will help to standardize our brand identity, vision, promise, creative, voice, and storytelling, while driving growth through advertising, communications, and activation. The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of brand strategy, advertising theory, and brand investment measurement. You should have experience producing award-winning creative advertising that drives strong business results. You will be an outstanding leader with experience building and leading high performance teams.
What you’ll do
- Be Miro’s brand champion
- Build a team that is creative, skilled in storytelling, and fluent in the math and theory of advertising
- Translate user insights, market analysis, and top-level business priorities into a clear brand strategy
- Establish a research foundation for brand-building including definition of category entry points and development of brand tracking and measurement
- Develop and manage distinctive brand assets including company identity, category definition, company positioning, and campaign assets
- Develop a strategy to drive long-term business growth through advertising and lead the process to develop, test, and measure creative campaigns with a focus on experimentation
- Put in place an effective model for media buying and media optimization
- Use econometric modelling, long-term experiments, and other techniques to measure brand campaign performance
- Manage the business case for brand investment and track and report on progress against long-term objectives.
- Manage our internal brand studio teams which serves all of Miro
- Lead and mentor high performing team that infuses Miro’s brand across all marketing activities
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of demonstrated success building great brands (including 5+ years client-side)
- A body of work that includes at least one famous or award-winning campaign for a great brand
- A deep understanding of advertising theory including Byron Sharp, Peter Field, Les Binet, Robert Heath, and others
- Experience managing marketing budgets > $25 million
- A disposition toward using market & customer data, research, and experimentation to drive outstanding results.
- Experience building and leading high-performing, high-creativity teams
- Sound business judgement; strategic and data analytical capabilities
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!