About the team
Miro’s Brand Experience team is a growing team of designers, writers, producers, researchers, and creatives. Together, we’re the voice of the Miro brand and we communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of communications: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads (and every other marketing channel you can imagine). We take an ideas-based approach to our work, honing in on compelling ways to bring our brand to life while creating the strategic messaging through which to communicate most effectively.
We are hiring a Video Lead to help us scale our video productions and maintain its operational excellence. Leading the Video Team, you will be a cornerstone of making things happen and work cross-functionally across the organization always finding the right balance between challenging limitations and highest possible quality.
About the role
Miro is the leading online collaborative whiteboard platform helping cross-functional teams of marketers, designers, product managers and engineers ideate, design, think, and collaborate to bring some of the world’s most innovative products on the planet to market, faster.
Today we have more than 10 million users globally inside companies like Netflix, Twitter, Salesforce, Airbnb, PwC, Deloitte and many more. We’ve grown rapidly–and organically–over the recent years and now looking for a person who can demonstrate what a top-notch video producing looks like.
As a Video Lead, you’ll report to the Head of Brand and Digital Design Manager and work cross-functionally with Growth, Acquisition, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Product teams to develop world-class and recognizable brand among tech companies that will position Miro as a market leader in collaborative whiteboard space and pioneer in product storytelling. We are looking for a self-starter who can lead, manage, and grow the in-house video team, and scale up our video production with live-action and motion design videos and video campaigns.
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage, and grow the Video team, set up the processes and best practices in-house video production across multiple teams
- Oversee the strategy, experimenting and execution of all video production needs across the business
- Set up the process of in-house video production across multiple teams
- Develop and execute project scopes, timelines, budgets, and staffing plans from pitch to project completion for in-house execution and outsourced videos and video campaigns.
- Scale production with external video productions, which includes providing clear and actionable creative direction, and ensuring deliverables meet Miro's high standards of quality
- Support and oversee the production of videos from end-to-end and manage the creative production process. From pre-production through post-production, you'll be responsible for ideation, concepting, storyboarding, scripting, directing, shooting, editing, color grading, basic motion graphics, and more
- Monitor performance and analyze data to inform creative decision-making and elaborate performance
- Collaborate closely with Motion designers, Brand designers, and other professionals outside of the design domain
- Advocate for video as a key medium to express brand awareness
- Lead, mentor and supervise a team of video producers
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of demonstrated professional motion video, videography, filmmaking, and editing experience to lead awareness and acquisition videos and video campaigns.
- Experience leading, managing, and building a team.
- Experience leading and mentoring junior video producers
- Resourcing experience with high volume traffic projects
- Experience working in distributed teams would be a huge plus
- Technical expertise of all key aspects of video production including lighting, framing, recording clean audio, and running remote video shoot, as well as solid experience working with motion design and animationDeep expertise in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator) and Figma
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of prioritisation and solid organisation skills.
- Detail-oriented project manager
- Team player who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate effectively with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
- Have a strong position about their creative direction, but know when to fight for an idea, and when to let it go and move on
- Strong ability to multitask, organize, facilitate and collaborate within cross-functional teams
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 10 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!