About the team
The Miro Product Engineering Excellence team supports the product development organization with solutions for planning, releasing, and operating at scale. We’re building tools, running projects, and fostering collaboration with customer-facing teams to help our product development partners deliver value faster and more consistently to millions of users.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to evolve and scale product development in a rapidly growing startup.
You will evaluate Miro product initiatives portfolio to identify opportunities for improvements around scaling Agile and product management. You will partner with product development leaders to develop a strategy to set and achieve the organizational and company goals. You will be helping the leaders and teams in maturing their planning and delivery processes.
You will implement a strategy for teams and to continuously improve their product development and delivery (including use of Agile principles and practices). You’ll help grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture, coach teams and people, including senior leaders. Help teams inspect, adapt, deliver and mature.
You will be required to showcase deep expertise in SaaS product development methodologies, excellent leadership, and communication skills across cross-functional stakeholders and teams.
The role would require ability to influence business decisions through quantitative and qualitative insights that continually drive optimization of product development and user experience.
What you’ll do
- Set direction for the operating model transformation and measurement based on Miro business environment, strategy, needs
- Build and maintain a multi-year vision for the Miro Delivery Operating Model and communicate it broadly to the organization, leadership, and business partners
- Lead the teams through the operating model transformation towards the Miro Delivery Operating Model
- Coach the Miro Product Development team and its leaders at portfolio, program and team levels on Agile practices, principles, roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Help the organization adhere to Agile principles and values and teach XP, Kanban, Agile and scaled Agile concepts, principles, and practices
- Build a team of Agile Coaches / Scrum Masters to train teams and support them in delivery process
- Assist team members and leaders in improving role-specific skills, including their coaching and training capabilities. Create an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
- Assess and make recommendations for Agile Delivery applications and tools that align with the organization’s maturity and needs
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of Agile coaching experience in the software product development companies with 20+ teams with XP, SCRUM, Kanban, Scaled Agile frameworks at the team, function and portfolio level
- 5+ years experience in leading transformation of SaaS product development teams through adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies: both standard (e.g. XP, SCRUM, LeSS, SAFe) and tailored for organizational needs
- Experience at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams and leaders towards rapidly delivering high impact, high quality software in a sustainable fashion
- Experience coaching of other Agile Coaches and Scrum masters
- Operational strategy
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organisation.
- Senior Agile Leadership skills with an ability to lead by example
- Analytical rigor and ability to set the organisational goals supported by actionable metrics with the clear value and timeline target
- Stakeholder management
- Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, ability to help teams develop trust
- Excellent training, communication and public speaking skills
- Operating in a low-ego way
- High EQ
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!