About the team
Our team is responsible for all AWS infrastructure that runs the Miro product and services. We serve over 200K peak online users and support more than 30 engineering teams delivering new value to our users on a daily basis. Miro has become business critical for many of our customers, so reliability has become critical and we strive to provide a highly secure and available product.
We aim to avoid all manual actions but automate all work with the infrastructure. We provide development teams with infrastructure and observability tools and help them implement SRE practices so they can take responsibility for their own service/code. Our team provides 24/7 on-call rotations for all of Miro.
We actively seek to learn from all incidents and improve our infrastructure, product code and processes to avoid them in the future.
About the role
In this role you will be a senior engineering leader across Miro, responsible for the systems and processes that keep Miro secure and reliable. Through your hard working teams you’ll drive technical and architectural strategy, and collaborate with broader Miro engineering teams to ensure scaling with the growth of users from 10M to 100M.
You'll develop teams that span Miro’s entire infrastructure. You'll drive excellence in reliability, observability and security.
What you’ll do
- Hire and develop new talent; build development teams from scratch. Mentor, coach and inspire leaders within your organization. Lead your teams to deliver on business objectives
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Develop and execute strategy to move operations responsibility for components and services to the product engineering teams
- Lead process of design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of Miro
- Working with engineers and managers to build a 1–2 year strategy for reliability for Miro, outlining infrastructure projects that support our reliability, security, performance, and scalability goals
- Owning and making continual improvements to Miro’s on call, incident response and review processes
- Enabling our cross-functional product teams to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years in software engineering, past experience as an engineer
- 5+ years engineering and people management experience, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- Proven experience building engineering function (15+ people)
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems. Deep understanding of application security, web applications, and modern techniques for building software. Understanding of the latest build, test, deployment, and configuration tools. Real-world experience building high-performance, large-scale systems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in person and remote. You have the ability to build a strong partnership at all levels of our team, and have proven leadership skills in listening, influencing and coordinating
- Experience running incident response and post-incident review
- An understanding of security and privacy standards (e.g. SOC2, GDPR).
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!