About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro online, and integrate with 3rd party systems. The Miro Platform is a highly strategic initiative that strives to empower developers and partners to build engaging and powerful visual collaboration applications and experiences using Miro technology.
The success of the platform is tied to the variety of functionalities we offer through it, and the seamless and reliable integration experience while building. With the platform, we have the opportunity to attract users, make their collaboration experience outstanding, and allow them to use visual collaboration in 3rd party tools they use daily.
About the role
Miro is a successful and fast growing company, focused on online collaborations. With millions of customers throughout the globe, there is a demand for a public platform to get Miro to the next level. The platform is currently in the beta stage, with over 200 private apps built. Over the next 2 years we intend to get to the next level; add new rich APIs and SDKs, coupled with a world class developer experience. At the moment we are looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team to help up facilitate the public launch of the platform.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Identify synergies between software components and improve efficiency of development and code maintenance
- Keep the product vision in mind while working on details
- Help to build flexible, future-proof solutions
- Define and improve infrastructure and deployment setups of the Developers Platform
- Continuously improve our agile development process
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience designing, coding, testing and debugging commercial software
- Experience of building and designing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with RDBMS e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learning moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.