About the team
As an Outbound Sales Development Manager you will help scale our SDR team in Austin and will be responsible for Sales opportunity generation, particularly on the outbound side. They will work closely with Growth Marketing and Operations leadership to outline and implement our overall top-of-the-funnel strategy and tactics. One of the key goals for the person in this role is to build a strong pipeline of exceptional talent for Sales and other go-to-market roles in the company. You will be a key part of the go-to-market leadership team and work closely with top-notch Sales, Marketing, and Operation leaders across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, and locally in Austin to grow the company. As the key member of the Austin leadership team, you will be a part of scaling our office, hiring a large share of the new team members, and creating a unique blend of Miro and Austin culture.
About the role
As an Outbound Sales Development Manager in Austin at Miro, you’ll drive the team towards pipeline goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with other senior leaders across a variety of departments including Sales, Marketing, and Operations. You will drive strategy and execution for the outbound opportunity generation team that drives attainment of our revenue goals. As a key leader, you’ll be part of setting talent strategy, architect industry-leading processes, and leverage bleeding-edge technologies. You will develop our next generation of sales professionals at Miro!
What you’ll do
- Manage, hire, train and ramp a team of sales development representatives
- Develop and coach representatives in their careers towards future account executive & inside sales roles
- Be a part of scaling our Austin office and creating a unique blend of Miro and Austin culture
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence
- Collaborate with marketing to drive new business through demand generation
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
What you'll need
- 1-3 years of first-line management experience, preferably leading, building, & scaling sales development organizations in a fast-paced, highly competitive software sales environment
- Strong quantitative skills to measure, manage, and optimize activity and productivity
- The desire to lead, coach, motivate and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success while building an energetic environment where people love to come to work every day.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Strong innovation skills - you will think of innovative ways to boost conversion rates and drive revenue.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach a resolution and maintain strong relationships
- Strength in working with cross-functionally including executive management, sales, operations, and marketing teams
- Proven track record of delivering on aggressive sales pipeline targets
- Design playbooks and career paths for the sales development organization
- Experience in leveraging CRM software, preferably Salesforce, to manage high performing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!