About the team
The Analytics team at Miro has a clear mission - use data to make better decisions. We are a highly leveraged team of folks who pride ourselves on finding ways to answer even the most challenging business questions.
About the role
You understand people and the HR team, and enjoy using data and analytics to bring order to ambiguous problems. From building visualizations to help our People team understand talent trends, to helping model out our plan to meet our hiring goals, you will bring the analytical power to help us win the talent marketplace.
What you’ll do
You will be working closely with the Head of People and Head of Business Recruiting. The work will be split among the following 3 buckets:
- Design source of truth tables for level 0/1 metrics. Enable access to key metrics and data for non-analysts. Promote use of ‘self service’ analytics tools by associated teams.
- Help structure People Analytics at Miro - work with the stakeholder to identify the right metrics to track and guardrails to monitor to measure success. For example, help us understand our diversity and retention or model capacity based on historical data.
- Measure the progress of the People team at Miro - build the core dashboards to help us understand the performance and throughput of our recruiting funnels.
- Know where to find the right data to answer a question. Be persistent in ensuring data quality and resourceful in getting data that is not immediately available
- Support everyday decision making process for People team
- Build next generation reporting for team level 0/1 metrics
- Participate in team meetings, understand key metrics of team performance, suggest key metrics and visualizations that need to be regularly reviewed
- Provide the team with weekly metrics updates. Proactively analyze large week-over-week or Plan vs Actuals deviations. Recommend operational changes that can drive increased performance. Generate business hypotheses of what drove those deviations.
- Find the stories buried in data and build insightful dashboards that enable everyone at Miro to be an analyst
- Ensure the team leadership is focused on the most critical questions to optimize Miro’s business opportunity
- For example, produce recruiting competency factor analysis to improve our hiring process
- Bring clarity to overall recruiting funnel and areas that strategically require the most attention
- Be a vocal and proactive partner to stakeholders. Guide their line of questioning rather than just fulfilling requests. Provide insights and conclusions rather than data outputs
What you'll need
- 4+ years of Analytics experience
- Some experience in People Analytics/People Ops is required
- Experience working in a fast growing startup is a plus
- You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection
- You love telling stories with data - numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Cross-functional relationships and effective communication are critical to make an impact
- Humble, no ego
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, + Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!