About the team
Miro’s Brand Experience team is a growing team of designers, writers, producers, researchers and creatives. Together, we’re the voice of the Miro brand and we communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of mediums: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads (and every other marketing channel you can imagine). We take an ideas-based approach to our work, honing in on compelling ways to bring our brand to life while creating the strategic messaging through which to communicate most effectively.
About the role
Miro seeks a Brand Copy Lead to build our copywriting practice and grow a team of writers. Your job will be equal parts strategy and execution, deeply understanding Miro’s customers and creating messaging that educates, inspires, and delights our community. You’ll use your ace command of language and creative wits to amplify the story of Miro — the company, the product, and the future where creativity and productivity can thrive, anywhere. This role reports to the Global Head of Brand Experience and is located in beautiful Amsterdam.
What you’ll do
- Write, write, write. Craft compelling messaging and copy for taglines, ad copy, video scripts, social quips, thought leadership and marketing communications, driving people to think, feel, and do
- Define, maintain and push forward Miro’s voice and tone guidelines, seeding throughout the organization to get everyone excited and informed about the voice
- Be the internal evangelist for voice, collaborating cross-functionally with global counterparts to create consistency and scale our approach across all touchpoints
- Concept and execute creative campaigns that push the brand forward while aligning with key goals, in partnership with art directors, designers, developers and marketing managers
- Craft compelling messaging and copy for marketing channels, video scripts, and marketing communications, driving people to think, feel, and do
- Lead the strategy and naming for new products and offerings in partnership with Product and Product Marketing teams
- Work within the boundaries of the brand’s voice while writing copy that feels dynamic, fresh and differentiated
- Recruit and direct a team of copywriters, both in-house and freelance
What you’ll need
The right person for this job takes initiative and is self-directed, but is also a pro at collaborating.
- 6+ years of copywriting experience at a brand or tech company and 2 years managing people
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field
- Experience collaborating with a global distributed team
- Live at the intersection of big ideas and the miniscule details with a “no project is too small” attitude
- Can thrive and create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Are sophisticated at translating broad creative ideas into tight concepts and executions
- Are a pro at project management and deadlines
- Maintain discriminating standards and yet regularly laugh at the copy you write
- Are empathetic with your readers, customers and colleagues
- Are wary of ubiquitous tech-speak
Please note that applications without a cover letter and portfolio (attachment or online) will not be considered (this is a writing position, after all).
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!