About the Team
The Analytics Engineering team will be responsible for bridging the gap between Data Engineering and Data Analytics/Science. The team will develop and be responsible for an abstraction layer with our company data models along with tools to enable its easy usage to generate insights. This team will help Data Engineers in identifying key opportunities for improvement and with Data Analysts to increase performance and quality of their reports.
About the Role
You will be one of the founding members of the Analytics Engineering team. We are in the process of structuring this team, so you will be an integral part of the initial process to establish a vision for the team. We are already working on key projects to guarantee better scalability for our broader Data team.
You will work closely with Business, Growth, and Product Analytics teams and more to build the analytics roadmap for existing and new analytics solutions.You will improve our analysts and business users workflow in order to increase their time in flow state while working with data.
What you’ll do
- Optimize for long term value by focusing on engineering as opposed to spending time on recurrent ad hoc jobs.
- Guide our next iteration of our user events model and events management platform
- Help build and be responsible for the analytics layer of our team’s data environment, making data standardized and easily accessible.
- Help drive optimization, documentation, testing and tooling to improve data quality and give more autonomy to data analysts, scientists and business users
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data analysts and scientists in building efficient data pipelines and data models.
- Collaborate with data engineers to provide reliable data pipelines and DWH serving layer
What you’ll need
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- 4+ years of experience working in a data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics role
- Experience with SQL, Python, Spark, Presto
- Solid understanding of current data warehousing, orchestration, pipeline and visualization solutions
- Autonomy, curiosity, and tenacity as a data issue detective
- Big plus: Experience working with dbt and Looker
- Strong opinions about the ideal toolset to enable a high-functioning Analytics team.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 7 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!