About the Team
The Product design team is an integral part of the product development process. We tightly knitted with our business and engineering partners to foster effective collaboration. Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: defining a problem, exploring the potential solutions, testing, and launching it, then measuring success.
We aim to deliver the best possible user experience, build a product with a high bar of visual culture, and meaningfully contribute to achieving company goals.
About the Role
As a first Product Design Manager within the Amsterdam hub, you’ll be responsible for all the aspects of on-site design leadership presence. You will mentor, hire and develop the team, maintain the high bar of quality, promote strong ethical and cultural norms, and make sure your team feels empowered and enabled to perform the best job in their lives.
We are growing the Amsterdam hub across these three value creation streams: Platform, Marketplace, Integrations. You will be leading the fellow designer, responsible for these domains. In the beginning, you'll be managing the team of four folks, and then you’ll have a chance to scale it up since the business is growing rapidly.
The Product Design Manager’s responsibility could be defined as a 3P model: People, Product, and Processes. You will have a chance to lead a team of talented individuals who have a mutual commitment and a shared set of values. That’s the core of our company's success and makes Miro loved by millions of users worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Mentor, hire and lead Product design team cross Platform, Marketplace, and Integrations domains
- Provide design critique and reviews, sharing your thoughts and domain knowledge in a supportive and constructive way
- Maintain the safe and collaborative environment within a team
- Help to develop and maintain careers trajectories for your direct reports and enabling them to be the best version of themselves at Miro
- Review your team’s performance, manage the work-load and resource within domains
- Align your team to the overall product and design strategy
- Work closely with the Head of Design to strategize the work of Product design function, build strong relationships with engineering leads and product managers to help influence the product development process and company priorities
- As part of the wider leadership team – you’ll share a responsibility for aspects of making the Design Team better, such as: Helping deliver the team’s professional development programme, and creating better processes across the team like continuously improving ways we work with development teams
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years experience of hiring, scaling and managing a design team
- Portfolio of product design work showcasing both UX and visual design excellence
- Understanding of business and product metrics, as well as data
- Strategic and critical thinking in a pair with mental flexibility and openness
- Ability to measure and clearly articulate the value of design within the company
- Capabilities to strategy and execute end-to-end design process: defining problems, generating solutions, producing UX deliverables and high-fidelity design, testing and implementing it, then measuring the success of your work and iterating if needed
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
- Experience working with B2B and B2C products
- Interest in modern web technology and understanding of it
- A systematic approach and attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced English
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for your commute.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided.
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period.
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high.
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!