Miro is the leading whiteboard collaboration platform with more than 5mln users across the globe: managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers and other professionals, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others. We at Miro strive to provide the best end user experience across all platforms and devices Miro is used on.
We believe in a data driven approach to running our business. We are looking for a passionate individual that can become the go-to data person. Assess the gaps, work with Engineering teams or business technology teams to make the understanding of the business process complete with underlying data.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with engineering to architect, build and maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize and combine a growing number of datasets (our “data pipeline”) to create a comprehensive and actionable data insights
- Collaborate with Analytics & Data science to build and iterate on new and existing machine learning models, services and platforms to drive actionable business decision making
- Present progress on product roadmaps to senior leadership in sprint demos. Communicate the stages of advanced analytics engineering such as data blending, feature engineering, statistical modelling, etc.
- Identify and negotiate with third-party vendors to acquire and ingest new data sources to strengthen our ability to drive insights
- Enable delivery of Data Product Backlog by presenting backlog to team; creating, owning and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new data insights and enablement of Sales, Marketing, Operation and Product
- Understand the challenges and tools available to Data Engineers and Data Scientists including enough architecture, machine learning and statistics to collaborate effectively with technical staff
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals
- Have a good understanding of privacy and confidentiality in data and be able to design governance policies
- Being the go-to person data availability, data concurrency & limitations and being able to recommend best data solution
What you’ll need
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Has prior experience as data engineer, architect or data scientist and can understand the architectural limitations and can work with matrixed engineering resources
- A passion for jumping deep into data and the ability to run experiments by quickly hacking a data pipeline to test hypotheses
- Experience building integrations to power revenue growth such as customer data platforms, social, referrals and driving insights to drive personalization at all parts of the customer journey
- Must have experience with big data, streaming data, batched data, object stores containing structured and unstructured data
- Ability to define the master data models for the entire company
- You must be comfortable in one of the data processing languages like Python, Scala or Julia
- Our stack is Hadoop MR, HDFS, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Presto on AWS
- We use DBT and Looker to model data
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for your commute.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided.
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period.
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high.
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!