Miro is a successful and fast-growing engineering company. To sustain the growth of the engineering organization and take it to the next level on a par with the world-class leaders Miro needs an experienced engineering manager. You will define best practices, build and lead the development team to implement them. You will need the ability to consolidate existing practices and make them standard across our company, across different offices, time zones, countries. Miro is looking for someone who can bring and implement a vision on how to create and grow a world-class engineering organization that is efficient and healthy.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute engineering excellence strategy at Miro, communicate the strategy with the team and stakeholder.
- Consolidate existing, create new best practices for an entire engineering organization. Lead the development of new tools for engineers to get the organization on a par with the world leaders.
- Lead the engineering team responsible for creating developer tools and processes. Hire and grow new talents.
- Organize engineering information across Miro. Teach new engineers from the start during the onboarding. Teach seasoned engineers to common standards and practices across Miro.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of development experience using modern approaches.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- Strong expertise and passion in improving development processes in a company of 150+ engineers.
- Comfortable making decisions affecting engineering organization.
- Data-driven approach to the development process. Ability to introduce and maintain key engineering metrics: quality, velocity, dependencies, tech dept.
- Deep understanding of engineering processes and ability to coach and train other people: CodeReview, Design Review, DevOps practices, Tech Radar, Agile principles.
- Experience with DevTools like Jira, BitBucket/GitHub/GitLab, Bamboo, SonarQube.
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers and leaders.
- Upper-intermediate English.
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to grow and lead a successful team in a fast-growing and accomplished international company.
- Ability to affect and boost overall engineering performance at large organizations, develop new practices and tools that may become the future of engineering.
- Stock option program.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library.
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks.
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff.
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant.
- Help with relocation.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.