The Product Design Team crafts experiences that make people delighted and businesses thriving. We collaborate closely with folks from Product and Engineering to achieve company milestones, maintain a high bar of product quality, and help our clients to get the most out of Miro.
We're looking for an experienced UX Writer to join our Design team in Amsterdam. You'll be our first UX Writer at Miro and will have the rare opportunity to define a high standard for communications for the entire company.
As a Senior UX Writer, you will start by designing guiding principles and holistic communication guidelines for the different domains: Core product, Growth, Enterprise, and Platform. Some teams run a quick weekly experiment, others develop a significant new feature for the quarter, but we would love to establish a unified voice across the whole product experience.
You will operate at the intersection of product, business, and communication, using language as the primary medium for achieving both customers and company goals. Sure, you'll be writing but you'll also be expected to understand your audience and make decisions that reflect their best interests. You're a designer — and words are your design language.
What you'll do
- Create, implement, and maintain writing style guides across Miro.
- Design writing principles and educate the team to rely on it.
- Translate complex product requirements into a clear, humane, and pleasant user experience.
- Write interface copy to drive metrics and improve user experience.
- Use data and research to inform and validate your decisions.
- Test your copy and iterate on it to achieve business goals.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of professional experience in writing or editing content for the web and mobile as UX writer, information architect, content strategist, or similar (UI writing, notifications, errors, tooltips, settings, and similar surfaces).
- Ability to understand the user's needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into actionable insights.
- Skills to strategically prioritize multiple projects.
- Hands-on experience in a Design team focused on consumer products.
- Ability to build language systems and vocabulary for new features.
- Ability to express your ideas clearly in very concise writing.
- An online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
- Native speaker level of English.
- Love of beauty.
- Sense of humor.
Nice to have
- A degree in English, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, HCI, or any area that emphasizes storytelling and strategic thinking.
- Background in user experience or product design. Copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments are also valuable.
- Holistic big-picture vision and critical thinking.
- Experience working in a distributed or remote environment.
What’s in it for you
- Stock option program.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for a commute.
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided.
- Pension plan coming soon.
- Team outings and collaboration.
- Flexible time off.
- Join our inspiring workplace at TQ Central.
get a little