Product-related data analytics is focused on a quantitative understanding of what users are doing within Miro (based on digital footprints, surveys, and experiments) aiming to see what they like or dislike and what leads them to engage, return, or churn. We consider Data Analyst is a bi-direction driver. On the one hand, he transforms business goals to data requests and reports/dashboards, on the other he proactively explores data to bring insights and drive right decisions.
What you'll do
Hands-on Analytics (50%):
- Rolling-out ‘data-as-a-service’ approach for Product teams / Research team to make data easy to access, understand and make decisions
- Communicate with Product and cross-functional teams, defining metrics they track, planning report structures, making it visually appealing and easy to understand, and automating the reporting process in our BI system
- Work hands-on with the team to manage the end-to-end process: scope projects, build pipelines and data models, synthesize results, build dashboards and reports
- Measure the impact of both existing and new product features and growth experiments on our key metrics (eg. activation, number of active teams, the overall lifetime value of our customers, conversions, etc)
- Identify and provide insights that will impact product strategies
- Reply for ad-hoc data requests from dedicated teams
Team Development (25%):
- Contribute to building a high-performing, high-throughput Data team in Perm and Amsterdam (Data Analysts, Engineers and Scientists)
- Mentor 1-2 middle/junior analysts (evaluate the performance of analytics team members and provide them the necessary coaching, guidance, and learning opportunities to help them grow in their careers)
- Coach and facilitate cross-functional team behavior
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and participate in promotion process
Methodology elaboration (25%):
- Introduce and coach the team on the latest analytical methodologies
- Think outside the box regarding the data we're collecting and analyzing
- Evolve experimentation framework and workflow
- In collaboration with data scientists elaborate ML and implement models for pattern mining, social network analysis, etc. to discover deep structures that drive teams efficiency and satisfaction (including for ‘Analytics and insights’ feature)
What you'll need
- 5+ years of data analytics work experience
- Expertise in statistical methods, experimental design, using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Experience in product analytics and BI tools (eg. GA, Kissmetrics, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau, or similar)
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions for complex product-related tasks (user pattern research, supporting experiments, feature analysis to improve the product metrics, use-cases analysis, etc.)
- Ability to build clear, concise and informative dashboards, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Understand overall business value, rather than think and care just about numbers and charts
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading team to resolve these issues
- Strong project management skills, remain focused while working across a wide variety of projects
- Excellent English language skills
Nice to have
- Programming skills in R/Python.
- Experience in collaboration with data engineers on elaborating data model and supporting its consistency.
- General knowledge of data science methods and applications.
- Management experience.
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary.
- Stock option grant.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library.
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks.
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff.
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant.
- Help with relocation.
get a little